Our teams have been involved in Social Housing development, sales and funding since 1997, and so we have worked with clients through major changes in the law and the sector at large and advising on the implications for Registered Providers.
We know that the ability to acquire and develop land is key for providers of affordable housing, and that development of major sites requires working in close partnership. We have an extensive portfolio of clients whom we have helped to acquire, develop and fund a huge variety of sites and to effect the plot sales.
But we also know that it is vital to ensure that transactions complete within a short timescale if strategic and commercial objectives are to be achieved. That is why we work closely with all parties in a transaction, and when timing is critical, we ensure we work tirelessly to help meet tight schedules and achieve the client’s key objectives.
Examples of the transactions we’ve been involved in are included in the case studies section of this website.
We have proven expertise in:
- Site acquisition and development
- Planning obligation agreements
- Building contracts, collateral and environmental warranties and performance bonds
- Drawdown funding
- Partnering, Joint Venture, and Framework and service level agreements
- ESP Purchases
- Nomination Agreements
- Leasehold Schemes for the Elderly/Frail Schemes
- Retirement Homes
- Extra Care Schemes
- Shared ownership sales
- Discount sales
- Help to buy
- Right to Buy, Right to Acquire and Mortgage Rescue
- Anti-social behaviour
- Injunctive relief
- Judicial review