Perrin Myddelton may provide access to your personal data to certain third parties in pursuance of its contract with you or to enhance the efficiency of our operations:
- Service providers, acting as processors, who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers, such as lawyers, accountants, auditors, bankers, insurers, surveyors, assessors of professional standards, market researchers (all based in the UK)
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities, acting as processors or joint controllers, based in the UK, who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
In all cases, Perrin Myddelton will ensure that such individuals or bodies will be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations and have rigorous procedures in place to ensure personal data is protected.
Will your personal information be passed to other countries?
In the normal course of its business, Perrin Myddelton will not need to transfer your personal information to any third party outside the UK or the EU. If we did require to do so, we should require any third parties to respect the security of your personal information.
What happens if you choose not to provide us with required personal information or are unable to?
If you fail to provide the personal information we request, we may not be able to carry out the agreement we have entered into with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations. This is primarily the case in establishing your identity by means of appropriate documentation or other suitable means. We are required by law to do this for the prevention of criminal offences such as money laundering and mortgage fraud.
If you do not provide this required information, we may have to refuse to act for you. If such were the case, you would of course be informed as soon as this decision were taken.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your personal information being lost, used or accessed, altered or disclosed in an unauthorised way.
If you require further information on the measures we have taken, please see our Information Management and Data Protection Policy. This is available on the website or by application via firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your rights relating to the use of your personal information?
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have certain rights regarding the processing of your personal information, which may vary dependent on the legal basis for collection of the information and the uses made of it.
For all uses of personal information, you have the right to be informed about how we use it but further rights may apply in different circumstances as set out here:
- Right of access : you have a right to access a copy of the personal information held about you (subject to Data Protection Laws).
- Right of rectification: you have the right to correct personal information held about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for personal information to be erased (noting the retention criteria set out below).
- Right to restrict processing: where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict processing (but note that this may restrict our capacity to act for you. See above).
- Right to portability: you have the right to have the personal information held about you to be transferred to another organisation. Where applicable, Perrin Myddelton will provide copies of personal information in a form commonly used and in machine readable form.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain forms of processing, such as marketing. (Note that we would never use your personal information for marketing/ promotional purposes unless you have given your express consent).
- Right to withdraw consent: Where you have provided your personal information for a specific purpose and have consented to its use for that purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
How long will Perrin Myddelton retain your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information for the duration of our agreement with you and for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of meeting any legal or auditing requirements.
Please note that the Solicitors Regulating Authority requires us to retain files for a specified number of years, according to the nature of the matter. However, any personal information and documentation which we required to establish your identity will not be stored on the physical, archived file. Similarly financial information is retained for a period of seven years in our accounts system.
If you participate in the Deal Room facility available to authorised clients on our website, your account will only be available to you, using your individual access codes. If you choose to make these available to another party, you are giving consent to their accessing this facility.
Our website does have links to other websites. If you choose to access these, you must be aware that we have no control over those websites and we cannot be responsible for any information you may provide whilst visiting such sites where this privacy notice does not apply.
Perrin Myddelton, July 2018